The Non-Fungible-Token (NFT) Landscape
Last year, the blockchain space witnessed the soaring of Decentralized Finance (DeFi); however, the NFT sector has stolen DeFi’s thunder to become the most prominent trend of 2021.
Statistically, there was an exponential growth in the NFT realm during the first quarter of 2021. In the first three months of this year, the NFT market capitalization escalated by around 1785% to $432 million according to Forbes. On top NFT platforms, the total trading volume multiplied 25 times from $30,1M in December 2020 to $226M in March 2021. More than $2 billion was spent on NFT collectibles in total.
The mainstream media has been raving about NFTs’ novelty as well as their adoptions by celebrities and investors. In March, famous auction house Christie sold Beeple artwork with a record-breaking price of nearly $70 million. The fact that many other well-known artists are jumping on the sector with their own flagship NFTs promises to buff the hyper-growth rate of this sector even more.
After the significant expansion in the first quarter, the NFT market has shown signs of stabilizing. However, it is still expected to keep the market’s attention in the second half of 2021.
An introduction to Step Hero
What is Step Hero?
Step Hero ecosystem is the perfect combination of NFT gaming and DeFi that enables users to have fun and earn profit simultaneously. The comprehensive ecosystem is made up of a fantasy-themed role-playing game with attractive gameplay, a cross-chained NFT marketplace, NFT collectibles, and HERO token. Moreover, Step Hero also provides a social network experience with a supportive community.
Step Hero is developed by a dynamic young team passionate about blockchain in general and cryptocurrency in particular. We're game-lovers with the desire to recreate legendary characters of their childhood game in real life aligning with the 4.0 technology trend. Step Hero team took time to thoroughly study each character and create a creative NFT project, including a high liquidity marketplace and RPG game. Step Hero is the result of a proper working spirit. Our team’s ambition is to make Step Hero the best NFT game in the market.
Step Hero’s Ecosystem
Step Hero is the first NFT fantasy-themed RPG game on Polgygon (previously Matic Network). The Step Hero game’s plot hinges on the post-apocalyptic war between the army of Shadows led by Lucifer — The Demon Lord and the Heroes led by archangel Gabriel. The players will play the hero roles. Their missions are fighting against the villains in battles while buffing their energy by collecting in-game items, earning money (STEP coins), and upgrading their characters.
Step Hero game players can generate revenue in a few ways:
- They can earn award prizes once they win in Player versus Player (PvP) battles.
- They can sell in-game items such as healing potions, power-impulse-potions, and self-crafted weapons on the marketplace for money.
- They can upgrade their characters and trade them later. The more unique and powerful their characters are, the more profit they earn.
Hero NFT Marketplace
Hero NFTs Marketplace (HNM) is a cross-chain platform where users can easily create and exchange NFTs products.
To differentiate itself from other NFT marketplaces, our platform focuses on ensuring the NFT assets’ originality. Creators who have completed the KYC process may receive a “verified profile” status. Besides, Hero NFTs Marketplace will integrate its data with other social networks to generate creator’s digital identities associated with their wallet address. These identities help with detecting plagiarized NFTs. Moreover, every user can report copyright violation behaviors and receive rewards once HNM confirmed their suspicion. This mechanism leverages the community’s support in building a trustworthy marketplace.
HERO Collectibles are unique, authentic and rare. Owners of Hero collectibles can decide to either bring them into their collection or sell them in the marketplace. The market price of the cards depends on their scarcity. Owners also have the right to integrate them into artwork and other blockchain related products to raise their value.
Step Hero is created with the most sophisticated graphic design of world-class collectibles and a comprehensive and homogeneous NFTs ecosystem. Moreover, the NFTs marketplace is equipped with superior features that allow users to buy and sell NFTs, list other NFTs, create their own NFTs, even launch NFT auctions and join affiliate programs with an attractive commission rate for both promoters and referees. Last but not least, the project has an ultimate RPG game which obtains interesting playing rules ranging from basic levels to advanced levels.
Step Hero tokenomics (HERO)
HERO is Step Hero’s utility token. Currently, it has four main use cases:
- HERO Farming: HERO tokens are used for farming tokens that are available for NFT redemption
- Payment in HNM: HERO tokens are used as a payment currency in Hero NFTs Marketplace along with other tokens
- In-game payment: In-game transactions are made in $STEP, the in-game currency. User will have to buy $STEP using $HERO.
- Voting: Holder of a certain amount of $HERO token will have the voting power on decisions regarding project development
- Name: HERO token
- Symbol: HERO
- Network: BSC & Polygon
- Decimals: 18
- Total supply: 100,000,000 HERO
The total of 100M HERO tokens will be allocated into the following categories: seed sale, private sale, public sale, team, advisor, liquidity, game incentives, marketing, and foundation reserve. The specific distribution ratio of the token will be announced soon.
The vesting plan is shown in the below table:
Heroes Farming Mechanism
Holders of HERO can choose between two farming mechanisms to gain rewards from their tokens.
- Stake HERO token to earn Points: Users stake HERO tokens to earn Points. Then they can redeem these points for NFTs and sell them on the marketplace.
- Stake HERO-BNB LP to earn X tokens: Users stake HERO-BNB LP pairs on PancakeSwap to receive FLIP Tokens as a reward. FLIP Tokens are also used for NFT redemption.
Team & Partner
Step Hero Team is an enthusiastic game studio established in early 2021 with various years of experience in blockchain generally and cryptocurrency particularly. Our team has 10 members with impressive backgrounds in different fields.
The founding team consists of the following individuals:
- Gabriel Vu — Chief Executive Officer: Leo Vu is a tech-based business owner with over 10 years of experience in the e-commerce industry. He is the founder-CEO at Ligovi Ecom and the former CMO at Phat Media.
- Lilly Nguyen — Chief Marketing Officer: Besides having a Master of International Marketing Management degree in the UK, Lilly Nguyen has 6 years of experience at high-profile businesses in Vietnam such as VidGo, Vingroup, Viettel Telecom and other Tech startups. She will take charge of growth hacking and creative roles.
- Lucifer Nguyen — Chief Technology Officer: He is the founder of sPhoton Technology and Deverion. Moreover, he is a veteran software developer who has achieved prestigious programming awards, such as 1st prize of MSP Vietnam’s hackathon 2016 & 2nd prize of Vietnam National Imagine Cup 2015.
- Stephen Dong — Technical Leader, Blockchain Engineer: He has over 8 years of experience working directly with large-scale clients and IT vendors, including 2 years in the blockchain area. He has brought Step Hero comprehensive technical architecture thanks to his skills and insights about decentralization protocol architecture, system scalability and security, and DeFi solutions.
- Krillin Tao — Art & Game Director: Tao has 15 years of working experience in art communication and game design. He was one of the creators of the animation coloring application for kids participating in the Bluebird Award — the largest competition for game developers in Vietnam in 2016.
Step Hero team is backed by high-profile advisors who are experts in blockchain project consultancy startup. Their invaluable experience has provided our team with critical strategic guidance.
- Mr. Nam Nguyen — Advisor: Nam Nguyen is the CEO of Tagchain.io and the Founder of TAG Ventures, one of the top venture capital firms in South East Asia. He is also the CEO of Gourmet Galaxy (GUM), a famous Yield Farming platform. Mr. Nam advises us on system operation and new market entry strategy, which assists us in expanding market share and achieving sustainable development.
- Mr. Thi Truong — Advisor: Mr. Thi has years of expertise in the blockchain space. His most successful initiative is PolkaFoundry, which was launched in 2018 to make the benefits of blockchain more accessible to the general public. He worked as a Software Engineer, then as a Solution Architect before being elevated to Director at FPT Corp. Following his departure from FPT, he worked as a Product Manager at Kyber Network, one of Asia’s most well-known blockchain projects initiatives. He advises us on the company growth strategy and roadmap.
- Mr. Thanh Dao— Advisor: Mr. Thanh has been involving in cryptocurrencies since 2016 as a Bitcoin miner and investor. He got his MBA from UWIC and worked as a manager in Vingroup and later as the CTO of Nexty ( a public chain project). In 2017, Thanh founded ezDeFi and launched various products. Thanh is currently CEO of ezDeFi and the project is reaching constant new growth.
To be updated.
Q2/2021: Web application and NFT Website and NFTs launching
- Release landing page
- Issue whitepaper
- Issue Hero token
- Launch NFT collectibles on Polygon (Previously Matic Network)
Q3/2021: HERO NFTs Marketplace, IDOs and Listing
- Launch HERO NFT Marketplace
- Launch public sale
- List Hero token on exchanges
Q4/2021: Step Hero RPG Game
- Step Hero RPG Game
- Game trailer & Beta version
- Launch RPG Game
- Website: https://stephero.io/
- Telegram: https://t.me/stephero_ann & https://t.me/stephero_chat
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/StepHeroNFTs
- Medium: https://stephero.medium.com/
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/StepHeroNFTs
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StepHeroNFTs
More details about Step Hero: https://whitepaper.stephero.io/